Archinect
anchor

Need Residential Architect Recommendation in Wilmington/Leland NC

lp

Hello-
I am an Intern Architect living in Boston working at a firm that primarily focuses on Hospitals and Institutional buildings. My parents recently moved to Leland NC and intend to build a home. They purchased a plot in a development and are getting some pressure to design their place by using a CPBD (Certified Professional Building Designer) who they found through the GC they intend to use. I looked at this Designer's thin contract and outline of professional services. He has no mention of specifications, schedules or CA services in it. Needless to say I'm not thrilled at the prospect of them going with him. I need recommendations for reputable residential Architects in this area that would be willing to meet with them and perhaps offer a cost estimate for design and CA services. I'm worried that if they go with someone other than an Architect they will be opening themselves up to a whole slew of risks. I need someone I can communicate with during construction and can have proper oversight of the GC's construction activities.

Any contacts in the area would be helpful. I may end up designing their home myself and hiring a CoW for oversight, but for now I would like to put them in touch with Architects from their area and get estimates for the gamut of services. They have a very good idea of what they are looking to do. The home will need to be designed for full ADA compliance and Energy Star qualified.
Thanks.

Jan 31, 10 11:45 pm
induct

I sent you an email with a contact.

Feb 7, 10 10:17 pm  · 
 · 
jesus.saves

is Frank Harmon anywhere near there, I know he is based in North Carolina but not sure where

Feb 15, 10 1:13 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: