Archinect
anchor

What does a complete Sheet set Include

wakiko

Hey everyone i'm about to do a quote for a small house and my client is also the contractor so he wants to include ISO 9000 standards in the whole procedure....does anyone know all the sheets included in a sheet set of these standards and anything else i should know....

thanks
appreciate it a lot

Jan 28, 10 12:37 pm
threshold

ISO 9000, aren't they management standards? I don't understand how they apply to a set of CD's.

Jan 28, 10 1:29 pm  · 
 · 
wakiko

i dont either, But my client's requesting a complete set of DDs and furthermore the CD'S, who regulates this then....AIA, if so does anyone know the details or where can i find such info.

Jan 28, 10 7:50 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

i hope for your sake that you didn't sign a contract to do an iso 9000 project without including this as an additional service where the cost of purchasing iso 9001 would be reimbursed to you and included in the project manual. this goes well beyond basic services. instead of asking archinect for the answer to this very particular question, you need to read iso 9001 to know what you are getting into.

just as an aside, why on earth is this owner-contractor requiring iso 9000 on such a small project? it's just plain strange and an example of what freaks me out about most design-build relationships where the contractor is clearly steering the ship.

Jan 28, 10 8:00 pm  · 
 · 
wakiko

let me explain:
my client is also the contractor and owner of the company. In the company they are trying to qualify for iso 9000 standards and thats's why they're changing everything in the company.They came to me because they wanted me to design a house which they will repeat 100 or more times with very few adaptations. So it is a small house but one mistake on it = 100 or even more. When i came to them they explained to me they were going through that process, and that if i were to take this job in the designing the house i would have to do it considering quality standards, frankly i dont know any specifications regarding this, but then again you are absolutely right....i should be reading ISO 9000 and see what are my responsabilities so thanks....

i havent signed anything, im confused about the whole thing, but thank you for the warning JAFIDLER,

Jan 28, 10 8:34 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

that makes more sense. honestly i've never worked on an iso 9000 project, but have worked in offices that did with large multinational clients. in any case, i do think you need to work iso 9000 into the contract language or risk getting screwed by requirements you are unfamiliar with. i could see myself getting obsessed with the iso 9000 details and wasting many hours learning the process for work that under-normal circumstances would not be billable. good luck. it could be a great learning opportunity and a good experience to market to other clients.

Jan 28, 10 8:49 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: