Archinect
anchor

Cornell vs. UPenn for MLA?

ReddishEgret

Hey everyone!

I've been accepted to the 3 year MLA grad program at both UPenn and Cornell. I haven't heard anything yet on financial aid, but that aside, what do you think are the main differences and similarities between the programs? 

As far as I understand, UPenn is stronger in the social sciences and Cornell is stronger in the physical sciences/engineering. Are these general statements about the universities true and does this at all rub off on the individual Landscape Architecture programs?

Any thoughts are much appreciated. 

Mar 11, 14 3:53 pm
spqr

Those statements are for undergraduate and non-design studies. PennDesign pretty much invented landscape and has the most amazing faculty. Go there.

Mar 11, 14 5:30 pm  · 
 · 

I recently got into the Dual Degree (MArch and MLA) at UPenn but did not receive as much financial aid that would make it a more than feasible option. However, I am torn because I know the dual program is highly selective and I would love to attend, but I can not justify spending that kind of money on my education. Does anyone have an insight on the dual degree and if it would perhaps be worth it despite the excessive debt that it would put me in.

Mar 15, 14 4:18 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: