Archinect
anchor

salary of architectural modeler

archicraft24

Can anybody tell me what salary is paid to person who make beautiful models of buildings by hand holding the title of Architectural modeler

Mar 11, 14 1:54 am
Non Sequitur

That job still exists?

I just thought they just ask the minimum wage interns to do this.

Mar 11, 14 7:47 am  · 
 · 
Saint in the City

Dying craft.  I haven't seen one built lately.  Granted, there are still some very talented model builders/shops out there, but yeah, generally, it's an intern task.  

Mar 11, 14 9:19 am  · 
 · 
Bench

If I'm not mistaken, these fall into one of two categories nowadays:

Farmed out to an office ($$$$$) that only does this, similar to a carpentry warehouse. This is almost exclusively for the developer's showroom.

Interns on the competition beat, in-house. This is almost exclusively for the competition entry of the firm.

Mar 11, 14 5:07 pm  · 
 · 

I'm an intern and mostly build models along with the occasional CAD work.

For the "showroom" models used for planning commissions and reviews, we farm out the models to a model building office, which we end up paying top dollar for.

Mar 11, 14 7:53 pm  · 
 · 
gruen
Big firms have in house modelers who are very talented, work like crazy and don't make much. The smart ones open their own boutique model building shops.
Mar 11, 14 8:19 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: