Archinect
anchor

Exploded Axon Precedent Images?

l3wis

Hey guys, I'm looking for some really sweet exploded axon'esque diagrams. You got any?

Jan 4, 10 4:41 pm
IamGray

Morphosis/Mayne did a lot. As did Tschumi. Those are two good places to start.

Jan 4, 10 6:47 pm  · 
 · 
Justin Ather Maud

Mayne has a Morphosis Encyclopedia online, though some of them are so small they're difficult to interpret.

Jan 4, 10 7:17 pm  · 
 · 
l3wis

Mmm, I'll check into Morphosis. =]

I'm quite familiar with a few Tschumi projects and their associated imagery (La Villette) (Frenois). His exploded axons tend to be very conceptual which is nice, but I'm looking for something a bit more descriptive/informative?

Jan 4, 10 10:03 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

Morphosis was amazing, buy their/his books, worth every penny (just assume they'll fall apart, so take care of them).

Libeskind had some amazing ink on mylar stuff, can't recall about axos though.

Meier has some clean stuff too. Hadid some good stuff, but paintings (plenty of axo-ish things).

Tons more but can't think yet, coffee needs to settle in...wow, I have some fond memories of drawing ink/mylar axos!

Jan 5, 10 9:14 am  · 
 · 
randomized

Basically all so-called Deconstructivists used axos. The Russian Constructivists as well. And I remember a project by Hannes Meyer of a school which had a beautiful axo. John Hejduk made some fine ones in his days and I remember someone here has a nice site with axonometric drawings: www.quondam.com

Jan 5, 10 10:57 am  · 
 · 
gresham

For a more recent example, you might look at some of the drawings done by the folks at ShoP for their Camera Obscura project:

I love that the article refers to the drawings as looking "more like assembly instructions for a child's model airplane than standard construction documents." Really interesting way of re-thinking drawings and their relationship to the construction process.

Architect's Newspaper article w/ images

Jan 5, 10 11:33 am  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

automotive manuals

Jan 5, 10 1:15 pm  · 
 · 
Cherith Cutestory

legos

Jan 5, 10 1:30 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: