Archinect
anchor

Thesis on f1 circuit complex

ibnhan

I'm a fourth year student of architecture. My thesis topic is to design an F1 circuit.

Challenges in a circuit is that its very expensive to maintain it, and major events only takes place once in a year.

so I decided to design a street circuit (public roads used for the purpose of F1 racing)

I need some valued suggestions about the site that I should choose in India and some important reference and resources about the topic.

Feb 26, 14 6:20 pm
e_tron_quattro

If I'm not mistaken you have pictures of the Silverstone Circuit, which is a good place to start. I don't think there are too many road courses used for F1 nowadays. Other than The Monaco Grand Prix, I can't think of any. Spa Francorchamps utilized a public road at one point, but it doesn't anymore. In my opinion road courses can be rather dangerous with F1 cars. Sports ad racing on the other hand has the Circuit de la Sarthe and the Nurburgring, both of which make extended use of public roads. I'm not sure wether safety is an issue, most likely not with a fictitious project, but I think it should be taken into consideration. I think a multi use complex would be better, but that's my opinion. I couldn't possibly suggest a site in India, so I apologize about that. 

Feb 26, 14 7:56 pm  · 
 · 
e_tron_quattro

Sports ad racing

*sports car racing

damn auto correct

Feb 26, 14 7:59 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe
no way f1 would go to a street circuit now, Monaco only survives because of historical gravity. fia standards for circuit design require very generous runoff areas. look at Herman tilke's work. yas marina is a pretty inventive and compact circuit....
Feb 26, 14 9:48 pm  · 
 · 
monosierra

Look into the Singapore circuit. Downtown gets locked down and converted to a F1 race track every year. Its a night race too.

Feb 28, 14 5:17 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: