Archinect
anchor

Architectual technologist diploma schools

dppitty

I'm trying to research Canadian schools offering a 2year diploma for architectural technology or something similar. Ive come across a few in areas I would move to and just wondering if anyone has any input/reviews on the schools.

1) Herzing College, Montreal. Id ideally like to be in Montreal, and this is the only one I've come across that doesn't seem to be french.
2) SAIT, Calgary.

If there are any schools elsewhere that you have high reviews for, Id love to hear about them. I would consider to moving anywhere within Canada for the right program.

Feb 25, 14 4:50 am
Non Sequitur

Why an arch tech dip? There are half a dozen of these types of schools in most Canadian cities. The programs are pretty much all the same so it's rather dumb to relocate for a college course if one is offered in your backyard.

Feb 25, 14 7:43 am  · 
 · 
dppitty

I live in the Kootenays BC and there isn't any program available in my backyard, so I would have to move regardless. Im still doing research on different programs available that wouldn`t take years of schooling and architectural tech. so far looks like my best option for getting my foot in the door. 

Feb 25, 14 6:32 pm  · 
 · 
marisco

I attended SAIT prior to my MArch. I felt that the program was quite good, gave me a good grounding in the technical side of things and basis of drafting. This was between 2006-2008. I work with a lot of SAIT grads  as well and they all enjoyed the program. Their program is nice in that if you decide to do a bachelor in construction management afterwards, you can apply your AT toward it, meaning only 2 more years. 

Feb 25, 14 8:09 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: