Archinect
anchor

2014 Ontario Association of Architects (OAA) Conference

Benjamin_

Anyone going? I will be attend the "Admissions Course" as part of the IAP for the duration of the conference. It would be nice to find a drinking partner to help get through this....

Feb 24, 14 10:29 am
Non Sequitur

Prepare yourself for one long week then... boy are those admin courses pointless. It's mostly geared for people who either have been out of school for decades (and somehow never went through licensing) or foreign educated people moving to the country.

Feb 25, 14 7:47 am  · 
 · 
Benjamin_

Ya, I've been warned and I am already dreading it. Interesting though how the ONTARIO Association of Architects conference in being held in QUEBEC this year...

but what do I know...

Feb 25, 14 11:05 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

The conference is usually held in toronto every second year and then they hop around the province for the others. Since they always have tours and sight-seeing deals with the conference, it gets rather old when it's always the same 4 or 5 (I'm pushing it with 5... how much is there to do in Sudbury or Winsdor?) places... hence the decision to put it in montreal. Both QC and ON asociations have the same licensing requirements and like all canadian provinces,  experience is reciprocal so outside of their insane language laws and corruption, there is little difference.

In the end, would you rather go out for a beer on St-Catherine or spend your evenings in a truck stop tim-hortons because the conference is held in Sault St-Marie?

Feb 25, 14 11:35 am  · 
 · 
Benjamin_

Fair enough - good observation. I guess I haven't been around long enough to know the dynamic. I'm not complaining about going to Montreal, I just thought it was strange. 

London, Kitchener-Waterloo, Windsor, Ottawa, Toronto, Sudbury, Kingston, Hamilton? Hey, as long as they have roll-up the rims....

Feb 25, 14 2:30 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: