Archinect
anchor

Being Russian or be an Architect.

Mataya

Hello everybody!

I'm in my 4th year of studying architecture in Russia. I'm looking forward to create truly impressive buildings and work in country where it could be put to good use.

Taking part in architectural competitions doesn't achieve results, because I have to work by myself, so have trouble with finding necessary information and revealing mistakes. The problem is that our country differ markedly in educational and architecture standards from Europe and America.

Could you please give me advise what could be best thing to do in my situation, what I should read and practice at. Should I give up my studying here and apply for Bachelor degree abroad. (However it's very expensive for me). And is it possible to become an architect with only self-education.

I'm willing to take part in any collaboration.

Thank you very much in advance!

Feb 24, 14 1:35 pm
Roshi

I suppose it all depends on whether you want to practice architecture in Russia or outside of Russia. I too am Russian but have studied and have been practicing architecture in the States all my life.

Feb 24, 14 1:56 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: