Archinect
anchor

Don't you wish you had this much courage ?

quizzical

http://m.tickld.com/x/i-wish-i-worked-with-this-manhes-hilarious

It's probably just satire, but still .... !

Feb 19, 14 4:56 pm
gwharton

Thorne is great, and the email conversations he has on his site are real.

For more David Thorne awesomeness, go here: http://www.27bslash6.com/

Feb 19, 14 5:12 pm  · 
 · 

I recently told the absolutely desperate wife of an ex-client that I wouldn't recommend a plumber to fix the failing PEX in her PoS house because I hadn't been paid for work on her husband's project.

The only satisfaction in it was that the house was flooding due to the failed PEX.

Feb 19, 14 5:20 pm  · 
 · 
Menona

That's beautiful.  Thank you for putting that up.

Feb 19, 14 5:22 pm  · 
 · 
chigurh

ha!

Feb 19, 14 5:29 pm  · 
 · 
gwharton

Another fun one from the same guy: http://www.27bslash6.com/bob.html

"I am sick to death of dealing with you designers. Being able to draw and dressing like women doesn't make you special. You've got no idea who you are dealing with."

Responded with:

LOL

Feb 19, 14 8:26 pm  · 
 · 
Miles, in the interest if understanding construction better, how did the PEX fail? I thought that stuff was foolproof.
Feb 20, 14 5:43 am  · 
 · 
jdparnell1218

This is great; and sadly it reminds me of my father-in-law.  He does general handy-man work and bathroom renovations on the side.  He keeps asking me if I can draw up some plans for him.  I'm not licensed and he hasn't offered to pay me.  He just wants me to use my free time to do something he should be doing himself.

No worries father-in-law, my newborn son can wait to be fed as I prepare your drawings for you, for free.

Feb 20, 14 9:10 am  · 
 · 

I think it was in the joints, I've heard that they fail when the metal compression rings corrode. She said the house was flooding and that there were "multiple leaks". 

Feb 20, 14 9:26 am  · 
 · 
Marina CM

This man is my new idol

Feb 20, 14 11:56 am  · 
 · 
geezertect

quizzical and gwharton:  There are very very few things in life more joyous than the well-worded fuck-you letter.  Copious thanks.

Feb 20, 14 1:43 pm  · 
 · 
snooker-doodle-dandy

Miles,  May be it was in the Joints they were smoking? 

My wife who does a lot of graphics as it is part of our practice had a bummer day yesterday. So I  emailed her  site referenced and also his blog site.  I was in the office and she was in the living room  laughing so hard I thought she was gong to pee her pants.

Feb 20, 14 5:32 pm  · 
 · 

Good luck with your project. If you need anything let me know.

Classic closer. But a lot easier to do in email than face-to-face when your blood is pumping.

Feb 20, 14 6:39 pm  · 
 · 
go do it

pex failed at my house also

my fail was in the line itself not the joints. some liner cracks developed causing the leaks

they paid for the repair because i sent them a sample to run test on. the conclusion was that there was a production problem. either to much heat or the extrusion process was faulty. they really could not pinpoint the cause.

Feb 21, 14 11:35 am  · 
 · 
geezertect

Good luck with your project. If you need anything let me know.

Translation:  Good luck with your project.  If you need anything let know so I can have the pleasure of telling you again to perform a physiologically impossible act on yourself.

Feb 21, 14 11:40 am  · 
 · 
snooker-doodle-dandy

[Client]  I don't understand why we have to have a 42" Guardrail height. 

[Architect} Because the Building Code  requires a 42" guardrail with limited size openings.

[Client]  I still don't understand why we have to increase our existing balcony railing from 34" to 42" when were doing remodeling. 

[Architect]  It is a life and safety issue which has been studied by the code officials and they are comfortable with  42" such that most likely someone isn't going to take a header by falling over the balcony.

[Client]  I don't want to  increase the height of the balcony railing.

[Architect}  Would you step over here so I can demonstrate  why  a 34" rail doesn't cut it.

[Client]  (moves toward Balcony)  [ Architect]  ( gives client push)   [Cilent]   (falls over balcony)

[Architect]  Guess that solves that problem.

[Architect to Contractor]  Please build guardrail to code.

Feb 21, 14 1:28 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: