Archinect
anchor

ASTM Standards in BUILDING CODES, 41st Edition

Tectonic

Could anyone tell me where I can find a free copy of the cd-rom?...........maybe I'm in luck.

Oct 25, 04 12:49 am
Tectonic

Damn people help someone out collect good karma!!!!!! You know christmas is coming........Help!!!!!!!!

Oct 25, 04 2:57 pm  · 
 · 
Tectonic

Okay somebody kill this thread...........please!!!

Oct 25, 04 9:55 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

now i see why free is so important....

http://www.constructionbook.com/xq/ASP/ProductID.3518/id.402/qx/default2.htm

OUCH!

Oct 25, 04 10:08 pm  · 
 · 
Tectonic

ya know!!!!

Oct 26, 04 4:13 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

Our office just instituted a new policy of eliminating all ASTM references from our specs after a CM called us and asked if we were supplying the contrcator with a compete set of ASTM standards since we're referring to them in our specs! Apparently someone in our office tracked down a complete set and actually flew to miami to pick it up at a dock. I swear this is what we were told....Anyhow the rationale given to us by the principals was that since nobody in the office knew exactly what an ASTM reference bought us, we would just describe what we want instead of referencing a (likely) misunderstood ASTM report. Of course the next week we had a cast stone rep in the office talking about his product vs precast conc and real stone - his final comment was "just use the ASTM reference as the best way to assure that you're getting the best product." uhh yeah....
You can purchase individual reports tectonic.

Oct 26, 04 6:32 pm  · 
 · 
Tectonic

el jeffe............that is a very interesting lesson, believe me I'm taking notes. Thanx for the info.........It's avery valuable tool. Thank you. I'll keep searching for my free copy. I know it's somewhere out there..........but just where is it?

Oct 26, 04 9:09 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: