Archinect
anchor

Which is better? VT vs IIT?

altair0319

I'm an international student applying for undergraduate architecture study. Currently I'm admitted to Illinois Institute of Technology with a scholarship of $22500 per year as well as to Virginia Tech with no scholarship. Architecture courses in both schools are NAAB accredited program. Is there anyone who can tell me more about these two schools? And I prefer to hear something about the working chances after graduating. Thank you!

Feb 16, 14 11:33 am
apapaz
I would say IIT. Chicago is just a better city for architecture. I could be biased because I'm from Chicago.
Feb 16, 14 1:02 pm  · 
 · 
Roshi

To be fair I don't know very much about VT or its location, but I would lean towards IIT. I'm from Chicago and my office is 90% IIT graduates (granted we have a long history with IIT and Mies), but almost all the firms in Chicago are comprised to some degree of UIC and IIT graduates, so you should have plenty alumni to reach out to. You get to study in Crown Hall, which is always a plus. The city is great for architects. The money is there. Should be a no brainer.

Feb 16, 14 1:24 pm  · 
 · 

Go where you're getting fundings. Hands down.

Feb 17, 14 2:01 am  · 
 · 
archichef

VT has an excellent architecture program. It was an in-state school for me (more affordable) and I'd choose it again a thousand times. That being said, IIT is also a fantastic school in a fantastic city. I'd recommend going to IIT if they have awarded you a scholarship.

Feb 18, 14 3:58 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: