Archinect
anchor

PDF to dwg - recommended convertors/software?

vvvijay

Hello all,

I am looking for a reasonably accurate + reliable pdf to dwg convertor... Anyone have any experience, recommendations...? I have tried using a couple though they have not been accurate (various scaling issues).

Would appreciate any insights.

Nov 9, 09 11:45 am
archiTEKE

next to impossible - if the pdf was created through a vector program u can use illustrator and "livetrace" the file. but even still its not the most accurate.

Ive also herd of rastorcad....i dunno much about it though

Nov 10, 09 3:55 pm  · 
 · 
LML

rhino imports/exports these file types. not sure about the scale issue though...
as far as live trace in illustrator, there's no need if it's already a vector based pdf--just open it up, ungroup as needed, and edit. raster based would be another issue

Nov 10, 09 4:26 pm  · 
 · 
grid

open it in illustrator then export as dwg.

Nov 10, 09 5:42 pm  · 
 · 
Sam Apoc

^^^this^^^

Only works if the pdf still has all of its vector data embedded and isn't derived from a raster image though.

Mar 20, 17 12:18 pm  · 
 · 
JudyFennelly

You can try this converter http://www.autodwg.com/pdf-to-dwg-converter/
as there is an option to set the scale of the conversion.

Jan 10, 10 9:17 pm  · 
 · 

drop it in rhino and export as a .dwg file. keeps the lines clean and whatnot.

Jan 11, 10 12:20 am  · 
 · 
think_again

we need to see what you're working with for quality, resolution etc.

Mar 20, 17 9:58 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Yes ^ask for original dwg, you'll be surprised how very few people use acrobat to make technical drawings :)

Otherwise, import in Rhino if it has layer info and lineweights, if not go illustrator.

Mar 20, 17 1:35 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: