Archinect
anchor

simulation software for theatre acoustic testing

oldcinema

can somone suggest where i can download freeware or shareware for testing acoustic performance. currecntly im desinging a theatre call. I need the simulation software which can give me an idea of the acoustic performance of my design.

thank you

Oct 23, 04 4:49 am
Organic9

What kind of theatre are you designing. Is it to be multi - use as to the types of productions. some musical, some stage theatre? As for evaluating the general acoustic performance of an existing condition, software is available, but its not that hard to do manually.

Oct 25, 04 2:32 pm  · 
 · 
Tectonic

I don't that such a thing exists. Acoustics is never that clear cut.

Oct 25, 04 2:58 pm  · 
 · 
Tectonic

I don't know such a thing exists. Acoustics is never that clear cut.

Oct 25, 04 2:58 pm  · 
 · 
Pimp Minister Pete Nice

Your right, Burger King fries do taste better than McDonald's

Oct 25, 04 3:10 pm  · 
 · 
instrumentOFaction

the only experience i have with this topic is through Bose. We often use them as a consultant to work with our Ecclesiastical spaces. They work with a program called Modeler® Design Software. www.pro.bose.com

it appears that on their website that you can 'register' that software but there does not appear to be a place to download it specifically, or purchase it for that matter. It may not be free or shareware but the technology is out there. The guys we work with are great and their turnaround time for a quick acoustical evaluation is pretty short...maybe if you are a student, they would help you out...its worth a phone call.

Oct 25, 04 3:39 pm  · 
 · 
Pimp Minister Pete Nice

.....or you could call Arup

Oct 25, 04 4:19 pm  · 
 · 
Jeremy_Grant
coming soon
Oct 26, 04 1:35 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: