Archinect
anchor

Hey Cad Monkeys

duke19_98

Hey guys. A friend of mine needs a little help salvaging a drawing. Apparently her snaps were screwed up and while she thought she was snapping in 2D she actually was snapping in 3D. Needless to say hatching is now impossible. Is there a good way to salvage a drawing like this? My first thought was plotting to some digital format so that the drawing would be converted to 2D. Thanks for your help.

Oct 23, 04 2:17 am
Brim

select all - open properties manager......select lines, amke all Z heights "0" (make sure you're in world UCS). Next check text - make heights Z...circle....Z = "0"...and so. You'll probably just have to do it for lines. If she drew plines you're screwed - you'll have to explode the plines and change the z heights of the new lines/. Hope that helps...can I have my banana now?

Oct 23, 04 10:37 am  · 
 · 
Brim
Oct 23, 04 10:43 am  · 
 · 
Brim

crap - that didnt work too well:

here is the link: forum link

Oct 23, 04 10:44 am  · 
 · 
threshold

Here is the macro I use - I call it from a custom MNS file but you can also run it from the command line. The macro moves all geometry back to z=0.

If you want the rest of the MNS code and instructions on how to install your own custom menu let me know and I'll post it.

_UCS;;_move _all;;0,0,1e99;;_move _all;;0,0,-1e99;;

Oct 23, 04 11:42 am  · 
 · 
duke19_98

Thanks guys. Hey dave post those instructions and how to add your macro to my custom menu. I'm currently using the one from work. I assume there is a way you can add it to the existing custom menu. Thanks.

Oct 23, 04 12:45 pm  · 
 · 
duke19_98

A giant banana for you all. Enjoy.

Oct 23, 04 12:58 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

if you have express tools just use flatten - type flatten - if not look for a tool called no z.

Oct 23, 04 4:21 pm  · 
 · 
sedrik

Use ArchiCAD, that way it's 3d all the way - you uys are just wasting away your days when your 2d and 3d work has no real relationship.

Oct 24, 04 6:15 am  · 
 · 
sedrik

Use ArchiCAD, that way it's 3d all the way - you guys are just wasting away your days when your 2d and 3d work has no real relationship.

Oct 24, 04 6:15 am  · 
 · 
threshold

You can use the following utilities in a few ways. You could add them directly to your acad.mns file to include it in the standard pull downs that are loaded each time Acad is started (or any other custom mns file). I prefer to keep my custom stuff separate so I don’t have to deal with migration problems and I can easily run the same menus at work and home.

The instructions for loading the mns file and the file code are below. The myMenu.mns file contains a small section of my custom menu program that should work in any version of acad. I have included a few marcos:
Flatten All – corrects problems where people have managed to draw stuff off z-axis
Purge Unused Blocks – gets rid of unreferenced blocks within the drawing
Super Purge – gets rid of any unused/unreferenced stuff
Paste as Block – pastes in geometry as a block – good for scaling across independent axis for faking ortho views
Convert From Metric – exactly what it says

---------- Start instructions for creating and loading separate myMenu.mns file ----------

1. Copy the below text and create a text file called “mymenu.mns”. Place the myMenu.mns file in you acad search path (C:\Acad\support for example)
2. Crank up your copy of Autocad
3. In Autocad type "menuload" at the command promt.
4. On the "Menu Groups" tab next to "File Name" click the "Browse button.
5. Navigate to where you just put myMenu.mns " and select the file. Then click the "Load" button to load the menu.
6. Select the "Menu Bar" tab in the same Menu Customization Dialog Box.
7. From the "Menu Groups" pulldown, select "myMenu" and highlight the “Utilities” menu below.
8. In the right hand "Menu Bar" list highlight "Help" then click the "Insert" button.
9. Click the "Close" button to complete the setup.

---------- End instructions for creating and loading separate myMenu.mns file ----------

---------- Start myMenu.mns file ----------

//
// custom menu file
// created: 041025 clipped from artificeTools.mns [ d.rizzolo]
//

***MENUGROUP=myMenu
***POP0
ID_util [->&Utilities]
[Flatten All]^C^C_UCS;;_move _all;;0,0,1e99;;_move _all;;0,0,-1e99;;
[--]
[Purge Unused Blocks]^C^C^C-PURGE;BL;;N;-PURGE;BL;;N;-PURGE;BL;;N;
[Super Purge]^C^C^C-PURGE;A;;N;-PURGE;A;;N;-PURGE;A;;N;
[Paste as &Block (Ctrl+R)]^C^C^CPASTEBLOCK
[--]
[<-Convert Drawing From Metric To Imperial]^C^CSCALE;ALL;;NONE;0,0,0;(/ 1 25.4);dimscale;(/ 1.0 25.4);dim1;update;all;;

//
// End of custom menu file
//

---------- End myMenu.mns file ----------

Oct 25, 04 1:03 pm  · 
 · 
duke19_98

Thanks Dave.

Oct 25, 04 1:25 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: