Archinect
anchor

work permit in China (graduate)

c0303

I'm a recent graduate whose fortunate enough to have found a job in China for a foreign firm.

Problem is, I have no experience therefore unable to acquire a work permit to work legally in China.

I've read on quite a few forums about foreign citizens working in China on a business visa or a tourist visa but a lot of them seem to be quite dated (threads from 5-6 years ago)

Does anyone know of any colleagues or friends thats working in China with a business or tourist visa?

I've implied to my employer that I'm open to other options, but the response wasn't the most ideal. I'm torn between asking them explicitly to hire me knowing I can't work legally,..or just give up and start looking for another job...

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Feb 6, 14 10:00 pm
seebear

Dear,

I am a foreign architect with less than 2 years experience too in China. I'm holding business M Visa. I made it here. Don't worry this is China you can go zig-zag. It is very hard to get the working visa from your country's Chinese Embassy. So if and only if your company support you,  you will be likely to fly here with your tourist visa 1-3 months. Then the HR will hook you up with visa agency which gonna cost you (or your company) some money to obtain either business or working visa. Just let your HR decide. I'm sure if it's the big company (foreigner company like you said) they should be quite generous. 

ps. well, can't really agree with you that you are fortunate ;)  you gotta try it yourself. Somewhere in the world is better, you know. 

Feb 7, 14 9:53 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: