Archinect
anchor

Quick portfolio impressions please

Thecyclist

If you can spare a little time, please give me some of your quick impressions of my portfolio.

I've posted my work on here in the past, but I don't mean to bore you. I've redone my portfolio, and this version is more or less what I'll be sending off digitally and bringing to interviews.

I appreciate any input!

http://issuu.com/john.mcwaters/docs/spring_2014_portfolio_page_issuu

Feb 5, 14 9:38 pm

Overall, it's very clean and well composed. Could you potentially compress the staircase project into two pages? The blank filler page kills the continuity you've created throughout. Another idea would be to make use of the blank page (p. 19) by increasing the size of the exploded diagram (p.17) and moving the details over to the next two pages. The park bench could also be reduced to two pages. All of the images you include are nice, but they don't seem to add anything of value (in my opinion). Pick three (one perspective, and maybe two details) and move on to the next project. You could also reduce the amount of images included w/ The Vermeer Art Gallery project and eliminate last two pages altogether (pp. 38-39). Remember, one good image, is better than several similar ones.  

Good Luck

Feb 6, 14 1:53 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: