Archinect
anchor

rhino huge file ? !

hey - dumb question for rhino users out there , i'm a rookie so please forgive ...

modeling out what turned out to be a very bigh file made of many repeated small parts ... and the program keeps saying no more memory available , and crashing..

the file size is something like 400,000kb .

is there a way to model out a system that has hundres of similar elements? ( actually 4,200 similar elements to be precise ) ...

thanks and hoping someone can tip me in the right direction ..

Oct 4, 09 7:50 pm
ff33º

you can try a c&p to another file to help clean it up..but mainly..you need to figure out a way to get a lower poly count. Also I think mesh modeling is lighter computationally...sorry can't be of more help.

Oct 4, 09 8:23 pm  · 
 · 
Ian & Jonas

Wouldn't block instances help immensely?

I am not certain, but that might significantly reduce your file size.

Oct 4, 09 10:49 pm  · 
 · 
not_here

yeah... use blocks when modeling and start pruning, it will help a ton.

Oct 5, 09 8:23 am  · 
 · 
c

i've wound up do a placeholder version of my design with simplified geometry -it's not the real thing , but it allows me to use it to run the daylighting analysis i was hoping to run - - this basicaly means i postponed the problem ..
is max considered any better for huge files made of many components? i dread max ...

Oct 5, 09 11:09 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: