Archinect
anchor

Famous Restaurant

Gyo

Architects:

Do you guys know any restaurant that is worth checking? I am not looking for a restaurant that is part of the facilities, I am looking for an architecture that is mainly used for restaurant.

Thank you!!

Jan 29, 14 9:07 pm
BulgarBlogger

Check out  a restaurant by office da... Other examples:  sushi yasuda or morimoto (all in ny)

Jan 29, 14 10:26 pm  · 
 · 
Thecyclist
@bulgar

Are you talking about the restaurant with several routed plywood sheets that create an undulating ceiling?
Jan 30, 14 12:00 am  · 
 · 
BulgarBlogger

^yes

Jan 30, 14 1:44 pm  · 
 · 
Thecyclist
Yes, that one is noteworthy...just google "NADAA restaurant". I don't know how good the design is beyond the ceiling though.
Jan 31, 14 12:42 am  · 
 · 
3tk

I recall LTL having done a few nice ones.

Jan 31, 14 10:48 am  · 
 · 
zoroaster

I think Architectural Record should have "Building Type Study" issues on restaurants? Just go through the issues at your office, or if you're at school, go through the card catalog/periodicals index. I use http://riba.sirsidynix.net.uk/uhtbin/webcat (advanced search) sometimes.

Feb 3, 14 3:46 am  · 
 · 
BulgarBlogger

Yes, that one is noteworthy...just google "NADAA restaurant". I don't know how good the design is beyond the ceiling though.

I was at a lecture by Nader Tehrani and he explained the project rather well... More than the ceiling, I find the bathroom design fascinating. Google it... 

Feb 4, 14 10:03 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: