Archinect
anchor

Scale Issue in ACAD/ADT

PL

If I change Drawing Unit in Drawing Setup in engineer drawing from feet to inches to match my drawing and COPY the engineer drawing into my drawing, will it mess up anything in my drawing.

I COPY engineer drawing before I change drawing unit in drawing set up to my drawing and scale it up manually. It mess up my 'tick' block in dimension tool; the 'tick' mark is blown up 12 times. I have to edit the block to change it back.

If I change setting before I copy the drawing, will I have the same problem? Anyone know? ACAD tech support don't know-I asked.

Oct 21, 04 1:10 pm
threshold

Yes. This is a poor design indeed and it relates to the fact Autocad does not know what a foot, an inch or meter... is.

Autocad works off of the default setting of 1 unit and the units dialog box thing is for you to tell Acad what 1 unit is. 1 unit is 1" for architectural and 1 unit is 1 foot for engineering which is why you have found you need to scale everything by a factor of 12 to go between drawings.

There really is not a smooth back and forth transition that I know of since it also messes up line type scales.

Oct 21, 04 2:04 pm  · 
 · 
Jeremy_Grant

what cadd program does your engineer use?

Oct 21, 04 4:29 pm  · 
 · 
alphanumericcha

You modify the style used and update all the dims in one step with update. All this happens in the dim subcomands. Do a help search for Dim.

Oct 21, 04 7:34 pm  · 
 · 
PL

I have to find that out from my boss.

Oct 21, 04 7:35 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: