Archinect
anchor

i need help

hello everyone . i hope you all doing well

i need some ideas of a new project that i took it which is recreational lounge 

i found many ideas , like caffee lounge , spa lounge but i don't think is that strong

could you please tell what type of lounges that i could design . thank you 

Jan 29, 14 3:25 pm
mightyaa

School project?  Fun with spaces sort of stuff?

Couple oddball ideas.  Look at swinger's clubs/strip clubs; They deal in the fantasy world.  Also, with the legalization of pot, smoking lounges which could also be whimsical since they aren't bars, but yet that sort of environment.

Too racy?  Then maybe something more conservative like a ski resort base lodge lounge or airport sky club lounge or sports event lounge or skateboard park...  endless possibilities. 

if it's in school, you can even do something unreal.  A lounge in Wonderland?  How about a space station or underwater? 

Jan 29, 14 5:14 pm  · 
 · 
Saint in the City

mightyaa....   so your first thoughts are to go straight for the adult lounge approach...   ;-)

Jan 29, 14 5:21 pm  · 
 · 
mightyaa

lol... I'm that old creepy dude lurking forums wearing my ancient Motley Crue Tee :P. 

Actually I was thinking school, fun, fantasy and themed lounges where you could get really creative.  Saw "The Internship" last night and being the architect I am, thought the strip club scene and architecture was a lot cooler than the stupid slide at Google and those egg relaxing thingies...

Jan 29, 14 7:37 pm  · 
 · 
mightyaa

Oh and I'm too chicken to check it out, but this girl I know described this swing club.  Themed areas, performers like firebreathers, ballerinas, circ-de' solei (sp.), etc.  Along with the bars and such, they have things like a Indian village with t-pee's and a bonfire, or a cowboy ranch with a mechanical bull, or a mirrored room, or a fancy ballroom, or a formal garden for strolling, and it just went on and on.  Costumes were normal and everyone is a kind of performer. 

She's studying interior/industrial design, obviously a bit wild, and found it (as well as those there) totally fascinating like it's a whole other world and sub-culture... surreal design and not creepy.  Basically she's the one I ask for the bizarre cool places and hidden stuff; Ice palaces, cave bars, warehouse raves, etc.  She hangs out with your Burning Man type crowd.. I've always thought that would be fun to design these weird places versus the warehouse/box stuff.

Jan 29, 14 7:54 pm  · 
 · 
cg_8
An idea I loved when I was in school. It wasn't executed well as it should have by myself, but it was a short deadline. And I don't mind someone else taking the idea, hell, might be better executed.

A story telling lounge. I had a retractable roof that allowed for the story teller to use the sky at night to aid in any sort of story telling.

Another idea that I actually executed well was a board game shop. It was also a lounge that allowed people to come in and test and play the board games.

Maybe also, instead of a lounge that requires people to "do something" (play game, tell story...) maybe it's the location of the lounge, that allows for one to experience the surrounding environment. Your design can find a way to intensify the interaction with the environment. First thing that comes up for some reason is trains (my son loves trains). Design ways to make a lounge for someone who loves trains.
Jan 29, 14 9:37 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: