Archinect
anchor

discombobulated thoughts

remedios521

I am so drained thinking about this architecture journey. I was already on a straightforward track back home, until I decided to come to the US and do a liberal arts degree. Don't me wrong, I go to a prestigious school, and I learned a lot about many other things.  But I feel I hadn't really understood this system when I came here, now I am as far from the profession as ever. Due to war, I had to start over many times, and now I am 24 still finishing a liberal arts degree in architecture and really can't do anything with it. I applied to M.Arch programs  this year but can't help to feel that I am graduating with no concrete skills. Looking ahead for a life of struggle and poverty...

Jan 29, 14 2:51 pm
SneakyPete

I went back for my M.Arch at 24, graduated at 27. It's possible, and you won't be as far behind as you may think. Regarding salary and lifetime wealth, make good financial decisions, calculate your priorities and I think you'll be fine. I had to rethink what was important to me a few times before I was comfortable with the direction I was going. It's a struggle, but it sure beats a laid back life that drifts and doesn't really go anywhere.

Jan 29, 14 3:07 pm  · 
 · 
remedios521

thanks SneakyPete!

Jan 30, 14 11:35 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: