Archinect
anchor

Temple University's Architecture Program

Cvett

Can anyone lend any information about the program: the good, the bad....

Sep 17, 09 9:00 pm
stacksofpaper

the good:
some dedicated and talented younger faculty
it's "affordable"
one of the better architecture schools in the philadelphia region

the neutral:
campus / location
facilities - not the best but improving...

the bad:
you'll probably have some unmotivated classmates
most people outside of philadelphia are unfamiliar with the school
some great professors have left within the last 8 years

just my opinion - everyone's experience is unique.

Sep 18, 09 12:31 am  · 
 · 
dml955i

I've worked with a few people over the years from their program and they were pretty solid. One thing you might want to consider is a self-defense class - Temple's campus ain't in the best part of town.

Sep 18, 09 10:09 am  · 
 · 
Cvett

Thanks for the insight. Typically how large is the program, classes? I will be looking into their new M.Arch Program.

Sep 19, 09 5:50 pm  · 
 · 
stacksofpaper

I'm not sure about the structure of their new MArch program, but when I attended undergrad there were about 30-40 students in the graduating class. Studios size was 10-15 students per professor, other classes ranged from 10-40 students per class. Classes taken at Temple outside of the architecture department were typically larger (I definitely recall some lectures in the 100-student range). My guess is that the grad program would be mostly discussion-based seminar courses in the 10-15 student range.

Perhaps someone in the architecture department could provide you with some more info about the MArch. As it will be a new program the curriculum may still be evolving a bit.

Sep 20, 09 1:29 pm  · 
 · 
Cvett

Calling All Temple Students preferably current or recent graduates... I now need information on the arch dept. program, facilities (dated or up to date with laser cutters etc). Would also love to see the work that has been produced. I have seen whats on the schools website, but it left me desiring more context about the projects. I am going to try to visit in early April! Thanks in advance.

Mar 20, 10 9:03 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: