Archinect
anchor

lumber yard los angeles

elan_h

I'm moving into a new place this week and will be building a bunch of furniture. I usually head to Home Depot for building supplies, however, would like to know if anyone can recommend other lumber yards near downtown L.A. which are good in terms of selection, price, service. I'll be needing typical dimensional plywood, but also nice grade finished wood. Gracias!

Aug 18, 09 1:12 am

I'm partial to Stock Lumber up on San Fernando Road just past the 2 freeway. There is also a home depot about 1 mile closer to downtown on San Fernando Road...

heading out to santa monica/west LA is the famous house of hardwoods if you need anything exotic.

Aug 18, 09 10:23 am  · 
 · 
TIQM

Anderson Plywood is also really good. They have a full selection of veneered plywoods, as well as hardwood lumber: walnuts, oak, cherry, alder, good VG Douglas Fir.

Culver City, on Sepulveda just south of Washington Place.

Aug 18, 09 2:21 pm  · 
 · 
elan_h

Well, I'm working on a budget so won't be seeking out any exotics. I'll look into Stock Lumber and Anderson Plywood. Thank You both.

Aug 18, 09 3:47 pm  · 
 · 
dsc_arch

"house of hardwoods" on Olympic near the 405.

Aug 18, 09 4:01 pm  · 
 · 
R.A. Rudolph

jones lumber near downtown - not sure if you can go there to buy, we always have it delivered, but they have the best prices. also bonhoff - go there to check out the stacks and stacks of different types of wood. I don't like the Stock on san fernando, not very helpful and prices not great. And Lowe's in Burbank off the 5 across from Ikea is so much nicer than Home Depot.

Aug 18, 09 5:13 pm  · 
 · 
spaceman

bonhoff

Aug 22, 09 10:45 am  · 
 · 
dapotato

i third bonhoff in vernon. they'll also cut sheets down to more manageable sizes for you more obligingly than the big box stores (for a small fee).

Aug 24, 09 2:16 am  · 
 · 
STU

arroyo lumber in pasadena has some nice stuff

Aug 26, 09 1:55 pm  · 
 · 
STU
www.arroyohardwoods.com
Aug 26, 09 1:55 pm  · 
 · 
nicholsdesign

My brother has over $8,000 of virtually brand-new lumber that he is liquidating. There is enough lumber to build a brand-new house, we also have new insulation. Tons of 2x4's, 2x6's, 2x12's and more. The wood and insulation was used to build a temporary structure inside a warehouse in Gardena. Price is negotiable. Please contact me if interested, as we need to get rid of ASAP.

Christine
nichols.design@gmail.com

Mar 10, 10 6:36 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: