Archinect
anchor

DC happy hour - alexandria - Murphy's Irish Pub - date... 8/21

cowgill

....as a recently transplanted intern architect to the DC arena, I want a dialogue started that would link those of us that are looking for work with those that know where work is to be (or not to be) had...

nonetheless...

for those of us still in the area, lets get together, the evening of the 21st, at Murphy's say around 7p.m.

any questions ~ just send an email.

prost!
cowgill

Aug 16, 09 12:49 am

I'm looking forward to putting faces to screen names.

Is there a specific place to meet at the pub, or rather is there a way we can all identify ourselves so we can find the group?

Aug 16, 09 4:30 pm  · 
 · 
med.

I can join you laddies.

Aug 16, 09 4:44 pm  · 
 · 

I just double checked my calendar and I'm going to be out of town that night. I really was looking forward to meeting the other DC forum posters. If this happens again I'm definitely there.

Aug 16, 09 4:49 pm  · 
 · 
med.

s.selophane, do you work in DC?

Cowgill, you know I'll be there as always!

Aug 16, 09 5:51 pm  · 
 · 

Med. I used to a few years ago, then I was working in NOVA until Feb. when I was laid off. Now I'm trying to get my own small residential design and renovation practice started while I wait for my last ARE results.

Aug 16, 09 7:04 pm  · 
 · 
some person

I penciled this in on my calendar, but I'm still not sure I can trek down to Old Town on Friday night... Plus, I'm not sure how helpful I can be for finding a job, as trying to keep my own is challenging at times.

Aug 16, 09 8:12 pm  · 
 · 
med.

s.selophane, if you don't mind me asking -- and believe me, feel free to tell me to go to hell and that aint any of my g.d. business -- but what firms did you work for?

Aug 17, 09 9:48 am  · 
 · 

med. I ahve no issues saying where i worked.

architrave p.c., architects in DC when i first moved up here 4+ years ago. They are a small historic preservation firm that does/did a bunch of government contracting work.

I then moved to The Preston Partnership out in falls church, a multi family and mixed use development firm out of Atlanta. Since I left they closed the Falls Church office and contracted greatly company wide.

My last office was Hughes Group Architects out in Sterling. They did community and collegiate recreation facilities as well as public safety and academic buildings.

Aug 17, 09 10:15 am  · 
 · 
cowgill

since JW and s.s can't make it on Friday, can we bump it up to Thursday at the same time? Would that work any better for you guys?

Aug 18, 09 12:15 pm  · 
 · 

cowgill, I'll definitely make it on thursday. I look forward to meeting you and med.

Aug 18, 09 2:19 pm  · 
 · 
med.

likewise! :)

Aug 18, 09 3:05 pm  · 
 · 
some person

I think I'll pass on this one, but please do the green alligator if there is live music at Murphy's on Thursday night.

Aug 18, 09 7:09 pm  · 
 · 
cowgill

let's meet upstairs at the bar towards the King St. side of the room. From there, we can relocate if need be...

is the green alligator a drink? if so, i'm in!

Aug 20, 09 5:10 pm  · 
 · 

What do y'all look like? I'm in a blue shirt.

Aug 20, 09 6:48 pm  · 
 · 

Oh, and I'm with a friend in a red baseball hat.

(Btw there is a "workgroup" near the bar so we are near the windows)

Aug 20, 09 6:52 pm  · 
 · 

Hey, its 7:15, where are y'all?

Aug 20, 09 7:17 pm  · 
 · 

7:30 - I'm leaving in 15 minutes

Aug 20, 09 7:31 pm  · 
 · 

Heading out, must have missed y'all have missed

Aug 20, 09 7:47 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: