Archinect
anchor

HELP NEEDED

divya04

hi guys,

I'm an architecture student doing 4th year and i'm finding difficulty in framing a proper program for my thesis.

I want to merge film and architecture together. But the only way i'm able to think of right now is a Film institution and research center, but i know its a common topic. So plz help me in constructing a better program.

The project needs to be a proper design project with lot of scope in designing, not completely research based.

Please help me i have really less time....

Jan 12, 14 10:30 pm
BulgarBlogger

How about approaching film as naarative or as a method of story telling?  You can analyze movies from many different angles: sound, light,  camera  movement etc.

Jan 12, 14 10:37 pm  · 
 · 
insomniarch

Saying you want to merge film and architecture is a bit vague... Are you looking at film as method of story telling? Or are you interested in the act of story telling? Each has a different place in the design practice. Either way Narrative Architecture is a great place to start. (It is where I started when working on my thesis and it has carried into my professional work) 

Check out http://waithinktank.com/2013/07/25/narrative-architecture-a-manifesto/ for a bit of writing on the subject. Also look into Factory Fifteen and other architecture/visual story telling studios to see what they are working on right now.

Jan 12, 14 11:31 pm  · 
 · 
gruen
Netflix server farm and graveyard.
Jan 13, 14 10:31 am  · 
 · 

Yeahz, to the graveyard.  Now just change your interest from films to snuff films and you'll really be on to somethng hot.

Jan 13, 14 10:46 am  · 
 · 
archirose

hey i have taken up fashion technology park and handloom industry as my thesis topic, i need help with case studies and if any1 has any information or drawing please do mail me in [email protected].... i would be very greatful...

Feb 12, 14 1:46 am  · 
 · 
boy in a well

hai guise!

I have taken up Sly and the Family Stone as my thesis topic.

I plan on spending one year on cocaine and then the next year coming down smoking weed and downing ludes. As you can see, my research phase is going to be very time consuming. if anyone has any pictures, plans or drawings or would like to do all the hard parts of my project, I would appreciate it. I will either underpay or have you work for free.

oh, yeah, the sooner the better.

get on it.

tnx

BinWell, 4th year future arch kingpin 101

Feb 12, 14 2:43 am  · 
 · 
snooker-doodle-dandy

I work for Food!

Apr 30, 14 8:31 pm  · 
 · 
boy in a well

I pay in nachos and sarcasm.

you in?

Apr 30, 14 9:18 pm  · 
 · 
Stewie_2011

What about the architecture that appears in films, particularly cgi perhaps. could compare with models, actual buildings, studio sets of buildings in some way. i.e the architecture present in a film such as the hunger games to that of millenium. Or perhaps you could do your own version of architecture for a film where there was no definitive stylel/type of architecture already given.

May 3, 14 6:32 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

Lebbeus woods and 12 monkeys. Google it. Film - memory, narrative, time sequence. ...henri bergson.....then return to architecture.

May 3, 14 10:56 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: