Archinect
anchor

Advice needed

Zedster

Hello All, I am new on this forum and to this topic, and I would just like some basic understanding, was hoping to gain some advice.

Some background about myself, I am currently working a completely non-related job to this field, but it's a dead-end job with no future, but I would really like to go back to school to find a sector more related to my interests. My questions are as follows:

- If I do go back to school, what are the differences between majors? Which one might be a better field to pursue? (Architecture / Interior Architecture / Interior Design)

-I've been told that Architecture is a high paying job IF I can find a job... which is really hard now as there are too little positions / too many people in the job sector. Is there a similar path I can focus on that would get me more easily hired?

-Is there a school recommendation in the Southern California area (where I'm currently located)? I am looking for either undergrad, or a college for professionals (would like to continue working my current job until I get this done), and it's a bit hard to sort out the fake / useless ones from the ones that would actually do me good.

Sorry for all the weird questions, I am a complete noob in the field and would just like to obtain some answers / options / info before I start out on this quest. Thank you all so much for your replies in advance!

Jan 10, 14 1:56 am
ArchNyen

First ask yourself why you decide these fields of study? Are you interested in these fields because you are passionate about it? If your studying in these field for the money, look else where.

Love what you do...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcZDWo6hiuI

Jan 10, 14 2:42 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: