Archinect
anchor

Distance B. or M. Arch Program?

TheXFactor

I've been looking into Boston Architectural College...

Any other distance B. or M. Arch degree programs out there? (NAAB of course)

I can't do a full-time, traditional program. I need a distance/on-line program with week-long face-to-face sessions once a semester.

Family/work won't allow me to enroll into a traditional program.

Thanks for the input.

Josh

Jun 25, 09 9:11 pm
bklyntotfc

The BAC offer a distance learning B.Arch?

I may be wrong...I'm sure someone will point it out if I am...but isn't BAC's program evening based (but in person, not over the web), w/ classes/studio several nights a week, allowing you to work full time during the day.

No one's going to learn very much working on their own w/out instructors/classmates to be inspired/motivate/inspired by, and I can't imagine NAAB accrediting a program like this.

Jun 25, 09 9:34 pm  · 
 · 
TheXFactor
www.the-bac.edu/x1100.xml

They don't offer a B. Arch, only M. Arch...

I plan on applying, but am looking for other options too.

(note: you don't have to be in boston, but have to fly there once a semster)

Jun 25, 09 9:56 pm  · 
 · 
ARCHCareersGuide.com

Aside from BAC, the only other that I know is Lawrence Technological University.

http://www.ltu.edu/architecture_and_design/marchonline.asp

The Lawrence Tech NAAB Accredited Master's in Architecture may be completed online with the exception of the Master Class studio. This studio can either be completed on campus during a 10 week summer semester or on 4 weekends plus a field trip. The Master Class is a studio led by a firm engaged in critical practice and students work in groups to complete studio projects during the summer semester. The LTU Master's in Architecture is 36 semester credit hours and the online concentration is in Architecture Design and Practice. Elective courses are also available online and a dual M.Arch. and MBA can be completed online as well. Admission requirements include a minimum 3.0 GPA, a portfolio, and three letters of recommendation. Admission forms are available on the LTU home page. Lawrence Tech has one of the largest architecture schools in the U.S. and the university's motto "theory and practice" informs the curricula.

For more information, contact:

Virginia North, D.Arch.
Assistant Dean, Graduate Studies
248-204-2848
[email protected]

Jun 26, 09 9:22 am  · 
 · 
TheXFactor

Great - thanks for the advice!

Jun 27, 09 6:25 pm  · 
 · 
mjlloreda

Dear Dr. Architecture,

would you mind telling me a little more about LTU vs the BAC, and your online experience, if any? I am debating if to go to the BAC or LTU for their accredited online programs, but I do not understand why the BAC is 3 times more money than LTU? 

Please see this post: http://archinect.com/forum/thread/98665928/online-march

Can you tell me about your experience, and what differences I could potentially find between the two programs? I would appreciate it. 

Apr 28, 14 9:00 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: