Archinect
anchor

Creating EPS files in ArchiCad

arquitecta

I'm attempting to convert an ArchiCad Layout into an EPS file so I can ultimately convert it into a PDF. The problem I'm encounering is that the program doesn't give me an option for the resolution, and the default is 72 pixels. Is there an option or am I stuck w/ that?
Thanks in advance

Oct 15, 04 6:00 pm
stephanie

you can print to either acrobat distiller or get the amyuni PDF converter and print directly as a pdf

Oct 15, 04 6:11 pm  · 
 · 
ArchAngel

Why dont you just go through the print dialog box and then "save as .pdf":

Oct 15, 04 6:14 pm  · 
 · 
RNNR

getting to a PDF is one thing (with amyuni, acrobat, etc.) though i have found it sometimes more helpful to have an EPS to use for illustrator, photoshop, etc.

creating an EPS depends on the version of ArchiCAD you're using. unfortunately, 8.1 and its respective version of Plotmaker doesn't do it anymore, but version 6.5 does. in Plotmaker 2.2, you have an option to save as an EPS (of course the annoying part is that it doesn't read Layout files created from more recent versions - so version 6.5 is ultimately necessary for saving the .PMK)

as far as i can tell, the plotmaker included with 8.1 doesn't have an EPS save option. bad move Graphisoft...

Oct 16, 04 6:38 pm  · 
 · 
illogic

If it's vector you need (therefore resolution not an issue) save as DWG and open directly in Illustrator and then save as EPS, or AI, or PDF for that matter... you can obviously do this from ArchiCAD or Plotmaker... This will require a bit of setup in ArchiCAD before doing... turning on line weights, changing all the pens you need black to black etc.

If you just want a straight PDF and are using 8.1 but don't have the Amyuni PDF printer installed (which happened to me... the Amyuni didn't install automatically) goto: start > program files > ArchiCAD 8.1 > Amyuni PDF > Install...

If you are using earlier version of ArchiCAD you can do as RNNR suggested and save as EPS from Plotmaker... (the advantage of this method is that if you have your're pen weights/colours set up in the Plotmaker layout they'll get taken to the EPS...

Oct 16, 04 11:43 pm  · 
 · 
arquitecta

thank you guys for all your help!

Oct 18, 04 12:04 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: