Archinect
anchor

Artlantis users out there?

l3wis

Hey, I recently heard alot about Artlantis. I just have a few questions for anyone familiar with the software!

1) I know it's compatible with SketchUp AND Rhino - but will I get better, more realistic rendering quality from Rhino as opposed to SketchUp?

2) Are there any particular tutorials on Artlantis that you especially liked or would recommend?

Jun 10, 09 2:16 pm
blah

I started using it 11 years ago. It's fast. The quality is ok. It is a biased renderer or whatever it is called when it approximates things in exchange for speed. Maxwell, whose Mac version is still 3rd banana compared to the Windows one, calculates "every" ray of light but takes much more time for the same image size.

I don't use it much any more. Sketchup is fine for 99% of what I do for $.

Jun 10, 09 2:35 pm  · 
 · 
sspringer

Ive been using Artlantis for a year or so as my primary renderer (never been able to learn 3ds or anything yet) Its great because its extremely fast for the quality level. The learning curve is also very good, and it works with pretty much every major modeler out there. As far as the output based on the modeler, Ive never noticed a difference, although Ive only used it with ArchiCAD and SketchUp.

As far as tutorials go, the ones on the Artlantis homepage are pretty good to get you up and running, but by far the best is The Artlantis Attitude by Dwight Atkinson. Heres one place to get it
Its worth every penny!

If you want some different examples of stuff from Artlantis, both renders and animations, most of my work (the last 2/3) was rendered in it.

Best of luck!

Jun 12, 09 9:27 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: