Archinect
anchor

skiers and climbers?

Larchinect

Are you finding time to shred more or less these days? Are you maintaining 'the balance?'

Jun 9, 09 2:18 am
innes

sadly not, despite being based in vancouver. ski some but pulling on granite & limestone mostly replaced by holding stone tile samples

Jun 9, 09 3:53 pm  · 
 · 
whistler

always maintain the balance shredding the pow, striding, gliding, carving the corduroy, railing the banks and hammering the hills.

its all in the name!

Jun 9, 09 7:09 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

i had a bad year, despite the free time. got in one day of ski touring in the suburban forest preserves. i miss living out west. next season should be better.

Jun 9, 09 11:05 pm  · 
 · 
camhard

I'm a student, so I don't think I really count, but... I had a terrible season. Despite planning on having the best season of my life, I got 7 days. I broke a pair of bindings, ripped a pair out, had an injury, etc.
I'm climbing hard again, after a fairly long hiatus, though only in the gym as of yet; I need to plan an outdoor trip as soon as I get my hands back.

Jun 10, 09 12:51 am  · 
 · 
Larchinect

I can't stand feeling out of shape. I used to log nearly 100 days riding every season before I went back to school. I went two seasons totally without while in school and last season got back to about 50 days in my senior year. I just started climbing this spring and freakin love it. I've gotta figure out a way to maintain as I enter the zombie force..We need to band together and find a way..

Jun 10, 09 3:43 am  · 
 · 
le bossman

i've started running a lot, to the tune of about 20-40 miles a week (i just decided to take two weeks off due to a minor injury, will supplement with biking instead). i also do yoga at 6:30 in the morning on tuesdays. i'm hoping to carry that through to daily early morning workouts if i ever find a job. there's really no point in doing it every day now though.

Jun 10, 09 8:32 am  · 
 · 
lesro

ended a dissmal 3 day ski season in 08-09, and climbing only a handful of times as well last year. i will be wrapping up the ARE's this week, and look forward to spending a lot more time on the rock and on the slopes. hopefully my CAD hands are not to fragile.

Jun 11, 09 2:19 pm  · 
 · 
Larchinect

Ogh...the fragile pencil pusher hands...perhaps nothing is worse. A coworker in the next cubicle swears by his nevous, shaky leg technique as a form of exercise during the day to keep those love handles at bay..

Jun 11, 09 6:06 pm  · 
 · 
mattewcoen

I haven't been skiing at all this season - just had too little time :-(
Hope it will be better next year!

Jun 12, 09 10:21 am  · 
 · 
innes

fragile hands: crazy glue, tape, and tincture of benzoin

Jun 12, 09 5:21 pm  · 
 · 
xaia

just 2 days skiing last feb, keystone...

never tried climbing - does rafting count? 1 day white water rafting a couple of weekends ago...the gorge, canyon city.

Jun 15, 09 10:08 pm  · 
 · 
Larchinect

Ouch...I don't know whats' worse- 2 days skiing or skiing at Keystone. Just kidding. If you're in Colorado we should try to get some days in next season.

I've been climbing like a maniac, mainly due to my mountain bike recently being stolen, but I'm loving climbing.

Jun 15, 09 11:06 pm  · 
 · 
xaia

yeah, keystone is still better than whatever slopes we have in texas (i,e. - none). actually have family in CO, try to drive somewhere convenient due to time constraints.

sorry about your bike, that really sucks.

Jun 16, 09 8:16 am  · 
 · 
clemsontiger

Manage to get out west every year. Last year was a week in Tahoe, this year we hit Park City, Utah. What an incredible place. Great restaurants, powder and micro brews. It has to be a close second to Vail and Beaver Creek.....but a little less expensive. A much shorter drive from the airport as well.

Next year......Big Sky, Montana.

Jun 16, 09 11:19 am  · 
 · 
le bossman

i used to ski big sky every weekend. you should check out moonlight basin. it also is on lone peak, and it's cheaper. not as much variety of terrain but the snow's better (it's on the north side of the mountain - also colder) and the food/facilities are way nicer. i mean seriously - the food's really good. the headwaters are every bit as gnarly as anything on the other side.

http://www.moonlightbasin.com/site/index.html

Jun 16, 09 11:39 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

looking at that site, why the f did i move?

Jun 16, 09 11:41 pm  · 
 · 
induct

Climbing everyday. But since it is winter and raining a lot here in Sydney it is all in the gym.

Jun 21, 09 6:13 pm  · 
 · 
innes

^ punks in the gym! ;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Arapiles

Jun 21, 09 6:18 pm  · 
 · 
doberman

spend my 20 days annual leave in the mountains knee deep on my fats or caning down a single trach on my downhill monster... Can't beat that to forget about the daily grind, I wish I could get out more...

Jun 25, 09 7:06 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: