Archinect
anchor

Printer for home office?

AAA

The recent discussions of printers have focussed on their glossy color output capabilities, but what about a desktop printer that will crank out 11x17 b&w drawings? I realize the color photo models can do regular b&w, but do they do it well? reliably? economically? Anyone have any experience sending architectural drawings to the Epson 2200 or the HP 9650? Any others I should look at? Thanks.

Oct 15, 04 3:45 am
trace™

If most of what you do will be bw drawings, I'd look at lasers. They cost more, but are fast and effecient.

But the ink jets will still do a great jog, and my Epson Photo 960 ($200 refurbished - see Epson's site) does a perfect job of printing everything and is fast.

Oct 15, 04 8:49 am  · 
 · 
R.A. Rudolph

we have an epson stylus photo 1280 - uses up black ink really fast. i will by an HP or canon next, though I hear they all have similar issues with ink.

Oct 15, 04 12:41 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

every large home office needs a heilderberg.

Oct 15, 04 2:48 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

or this if the space is a concern.
by http://www.printdreams.com/

Oct 15, 04 3:14 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

i have epson 1520 in my mid size. works like shit, sending many blanks before it prints. however, if you got the time it prints up to 17 x 22

Oct 15, 04 3:22 pm  · 
 · 

Don't buy the large-format Epson 1520. Every one is cursed straight from the factory. You have to sacrifice a chicken to gets those damn things to print right. They do work pretty well if you are manually feeding heavier stock, but the auto feed is just useless.

Oct 15, 04 4:18 pm  · 
 · 
alphanumericcha

abra, that little printer scares me a little. Worried about a sudden loss of motor control and putting some ink on my new pants at the least...

Oct 18, 04 9:31 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

not to worry my friend, these are disposable. pack of 50 for 157.30

ps; thanks for the image thing.

Oct 18, 04 10:06 pm  · 
 · 
alphanumericcha

Oh shit.

Take it easy with your new found powers a bra cad abr a. Your potent words combined with graphic images at your fingertips make me dizzy.

PS. Go sox. They are making me crazy --- 13th inning, so I think I'll need those disposable pants after all.

Oct 18, 04 10:16 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

ORTIZ. ORTIZ. ORTIZ. bismillah.

Oct 18, 04 11:01 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: