Archinect
anchor

Portfolio layout on Indesign

jso1226

Hello,

I am applying for M.Arch 1 programs and i am not familiar with Indesign and trying my best to assemble a portfolio. I justed put my draft on issuu but the page turns out to be very long. Two pages on indesign come up in one page on issuu. Could anyone help me fix this issue and general layout tips please?

Thank you!

Dec 18, 13 2:13 am
SebastianMlekicki

Hello jso,

What are the dimensions for the board you are currently designing in Indesign?

When opening a book or magazine, 2 pages are seen simultaneously, on one plane. Even though they are two separate pages, you are opening up the article, and it presents itself as a single element.

This is the way issuu works. So, if you have a 9 x 6 board as one page, two of them will be displayed simultaneously. So the cover should be 9 x 6, however as you open up the article it should display a 9 x 12 board (which consists of your two combined boards)

I hope this helps,

Sebastian

Dec 18, 13 2:54 am  · 
 · 

Try not to export it as "Spreads" and see if it helps.

I feel I came across the same scenario and doing so was a solution.

Dec 18, 13 5:52 am  · 
 · 
Bench

Yeah, Issuu automatically turns your layouts into spreads of 2 pages side-by-side (so you need to NOT do that in InDesign when you export it). I needed to export 2 copies of my portfolio from InDesign, one as spreads (for my personal use) and one as pages (for Issuu)

Dec 18, 13 10:28 am  · 
 · 

You shoiuld use power point for making your portfolio.  More people understand that.  Plus you can add some nice animations.

Dec 18, 13 12:42 pm  · 
 · 

@HandsumCashMoney - YO

I would not do that - even if I'm drunk to death.

Dec 19, 13 6:38 am  · 
 · 

^^^ @SagarChitraker may I 'like' your comment? 

Dec 21, 13 11:21 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: