Archinect
anchor

intern - junior architect?

pablic

Hi,

Recently I've been wondering how does the job gradation looks like.

I hold an bachelor degree in Architecture and I am planning to start my masters programme in August 2014. I have a one year of experience in working at different offices in Copenhagen and in Netherlands ( OMA ) but those were the internships. Does anyone know if it would be right for me to apply to other companies for the junior architect position ? How does the 'job gradation' look like in your area?

Best!

Dec 15, 13 10:01 am
natematt

Where are you applying?

In the US terms are very much reliant on how the firm defines them.

Likely titles for someone with 1ish year experience:
Graduate architect, junior architect, intern architect, architectural intern, entry-level architect, or a bunch of different titles with "staff" in them. Any of these could also be "designer" rather than architect. In the UK it is almost always "architectural Assistant I, II, or III"

I've seen firms who were looking for "architects" with 0-5 years experience. and I've seen firms looking for "Junior architects" with 5-7 years experience, so that tells you how lose the definitions are. Firm's almost always list the number of years experience they are looking for with a position, so that should give you a good idea of which to apply to.

Dec 15, 13 1:53 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: