Archinect
anchor

Architectural Book stores in NYC?

Co-Op

I'm looking for some recommendations on architectural book stores in NYC. Something similar to Hennessey + Ingalls or William Stout maybe?

May 13, 09 4:36 pm
AP
previously

Urban Center Books

might be your best bet. It's small, but dense.

St. Mark's Bookshop in the East Village has a good but small architecture / art / design / culture section including plenty of related magazines, journals and periodicals.

You could check out Spoonbill & Sugartown in Williamsburg.

The architecture section at Strand is decent, and they often have bargains.

The MoMA bookstore has a solid architecture section (either at the museum itself or of the MoMA store in Soho)....

May 13, 09 5:06 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

The Rizzoli store on 57th Street between 5th and 6th Avenues has a pretty strong architecture / design section.

May 13, 09 5:15 pm  · 
 · 
eddiephicks

Rizzoli has a decent albeit pricey art & architecture section.

May 13, 09 5:15 pm  · 
 · 
ovalle

You won't find anything that comes close to Stout or H&I in NYC. Urban Center books is a nice attempt.

Besides Rizzoli above you should also look at
Zakka in Brooklyn, dumbo area I think. This store has a small architecture books section but its strength is design and graphic design books.

Book Culture ( used to be called Labyrinth Books) is located on 112th street and Broadway. They have a decent Architecture and Urban Design section. Its basically an academia bookstore for Columbia Students.

Sometimes even going to the museums you get the opportunity to see some great architecture books. The bookstore at Moma (both the street level and second level ) are worth checking out.

Kinokuniya Bookstore, is a great japanese bookstore. They tend to have alot of arch books that the others mentioned above don't have. Its located near Rockefeller center.

here is a prtty good list maybe by daily dose of architecture blog:
http://archidose.blogspot.com/2007/11/nyc-bookstores.html

May 13, 09 6:24 pm  · 
 · 
ovalle

You won't find anything that comes close to Stout or H&I in NYC. Urban Center books is a nice attempt.

Besides Rizzoli above you should also look at
Zakka in Brooklyn, dumbo area I think. This store has a small architecture books section but its strength is design and graphic design books.

Book Culture ( used to be called Labyrinth Books) is located on 112th street and Broadway. They have a decent Architecture and Urban Design section. Its basically an academia bookstore for Columbia Students.

Sometimes even going to the museums you get the opportunity to see some great architecture books. The bookstore at Moma (both the street level and second level ) are worth checking out.

Kinokuniya Bookstore, is a great japanese bookstore. They tend to have alot of arch books that the others mentioned above don't have. Its located near Rockefeller center.

here is a prtty good list maybe by daily dose of architecture blog:
http://archidose.blogspot.com/2007/11/nyc-bookstores.html

May 13, 09 6:24 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: