Wow, it's on super-sale right now, too!

May 11, 09 9:41 am  · 
 · 

they don't have my size.

May 11, 09 9:51 am  · 
 · 
citizen

This thread title caught my eye.

I've known several fellow architects who've made the leap to a pair of circular black glasses. And you know what? They look just as ridiculous as they did on Corbu. I mean, laughably funny... except, of course, that one cannot laugh at your boss other senior folk.

Does anybody --anybody-- really think they look good in those things? As an object, the glasses are cool, most definitely. But as facial hardware? I vote no.

[End of thread hijack. We now return you to your regular programming.]

May 11, 09 11:07 am  · 
 · 
aspect

Retail $1495/Sale $599

@_@

May 11, 09 11:41 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

citizen, as you said: sometimes it's not about looking good, it's about looking cool. Whatever cool is for architects, of course; it seems to be geometric, minimal, and conscious. I have one pair of glasses that are "pretty": they complement my skin tone, emphasize my eyes, etc. And I have another pair that are black and clunky and look cooler (though I won't go as far as actually cool, just cool-er than the other glasses).

Anyone have a photo of Corbu wearing the iconic glasses AND the jacket?

May 11, 09 11:54 am  · 
 · 
PodZilla

I bought a pair of sneakers because they say "piloti" on them. I hope to start a trend amongst architects.

http://www.piloti.com/

May 11, 09 12:03 pm  · 
 · 
PodZilla

I bought a pair of sneakers because they say "piloti" on them. I hope to start a trend amongst architects.

http://www.piloti.com/

May 11, 09 12:05 pm  · 
 · 

Hmmm I own a jacket just like that but mine is Mossimo and significantly thinner.

May 11, 09 12:53 pm  · 
 · 

not a fan of corduroy, but i like the cut of that jacket. the collar and bottom hem especially. the pockets: eh.

May 11, 09 1:12 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Point taken, LB. Of course! (Hand smacking forehead) It's about design, not flattery.

I'm a little out of practice...

May 11, 09 1:27 pm  · 
 · 
toasteroven

it has elbow pads! I'm sold.

May 11, 09 3:25 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

umm...they appear to be selling corb's underwear on that website too

May 11, 09 3:42 pm  · 
 · 
hillandrock

man those are some bulge enhancing high-waisted boxer briefs.

May 11, 09 3:51 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: