Good BBC documentary on Mies, very well done

bbc

May 7, 09 7:56 pm
holla

Thanks for posting...quite interesting.

May 8, 09 4:54 pm  · 
 · 
LucasGray

Yeah, This was an interesting series. At some points I felt like the narrator was telling us how much he respected and loved meis' work but then said he would never want to live in any of his buildings. Kind of contradicting himself throughout the program. But still well done.

May 23, 09 4:45 am  · 
 · 
holz.box

how is it a contradiction? you can respect someone's work but never want to live in it...

May 23, 09 12:34 pm  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

well, in order not to want to live in it...there must be something about Mies' work the narrator, in a way, disrespects. i see talkitect's point. "having respect", anyway, is not an interesting way of describing a thing or one's reactions towards it unless its an unforseeable respect.

May 23, 09 1:04 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

There are many things i respect that I want nothing to do with. And there are things that I have no respect for and can't get enough of...

May 23, 09 1:14 pm  · 
 · 
simples

great link...it's 2am so i will leave it for tomorrow, but i am glad to see "archinect" back at its best!

May 24, 09 2:05 am  · 
 · 
hillandrock

new urbanism is something a lot of people respect... but no one wants to pay the taxes that come with compact low-density living!

May 24, 09 3:09 am  · 
 · 
blah

It's funny to see two of my old bosses... It's been a while. I used to sit in that chair and look north on Michigan Avenue.

It was well done.

May 24, 09 3:37 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: