Archinect
anchor

Missing Brazil .dll's affecting network render and Final Render...wtf?

cowgill

I'm trying to render a scene via network render with Final Render and all is fine until the job starts getting dispersed and split (splitting scanlines) to my two rendernodes. At which point, I get an error saying: "Missing dll: BrMaxPlugin.dlu - Brazil TV Node"....

realizing it's my Brazil trial version of Rio, I uninstalled the plugin from the start menu and the plugin files no longer appear in the Plugin Manager within Max BUT, i get a list of the "missing DLL's" upon opening the file (but DO NOT get the list when starting Max or opening any other file). the oddest part is, I didn't do anything with Brazil in this file... it's just gone wack and is not letting me net render...

so how do I get Max to quit looking for these "missing .dll's" that aren't there or even need to be...? I can't merge or xref the objects the file into another scene that's already set up... I sitll get the "missing .dll" Brazil file list...

any help is appreciated ~ thanks!

I'm using Max8 sp3 and FinalRender Stage1 on all XP Pro machines.

May 7, 09 9:20 am
rehiggins

are you only getting these errors on the nodes or the main machine as well?

-did you happen to pull anything into the file that did have a brazil material applied?

-Was it still the assigned renderer when you created this new file?

-have you tried FR's material conversion tool (just in case)?

-have you tried cutting and pasting into a new file/file merge/ or FBX export-->import?

May 7, 09 6:30 pm  · 
 · 
cowgill

I was only getting it on the nodes

the files, Dosch modern furniture, must have had some brazil materials and/or render setting embedded into the objects so after posting on the brazil forums i got this reply:

"The problem you are running into is that Brazil creates a global track to store its render information. If you remove the trackview node you should be fine. If Brazil Rio is still installed you can access the script from the BrMax menu > Bonus Tools > remove b2. Running this code with brazil installed should remove the trackview node:"

basically, running the simple code purges the file of any Brazil settings that would interfere as I stated in the first post... worked like a charm :)

I didn't know FR has a material conversion tool...

May 12, 09 10:52 am  · 
 · 
rehiggins

well, it used to, I don't know if it still does as I stopped using it in 2006--it would translate materials made with other plugins and the default MAX materials into FR advanced materials…worked fairly well

May 12, 09 4:30 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: