Archinect
anchor

Side wall

jlemos3450

Is there a specific term for the side walls of a building with no windows, doors or openings. Sometimes due to the demolition of an outbuilding, or waiting for a new building.

In Portuguese it is said "empena cega" (blind .....)

thanks

Dec 6, 13 4:21 pm
SneakyPete

Party Wall

Dec 6, 13 4:25 pm  · 
 · 
bklyntotfc

@sneakypete...not to be a stickler, but...a party wall is a single wall that supports the floors of the building's on both sides of it.  In NYC we see this in older rowhouses where a developer  put up 20 buildings at the same time, and they shared a single wall between each one instead of building 2 independent walls right next to each other.  A party wall is normally built straddling the property line

I'd call this a lot line wall, but don't know that this is the official name for it.

Dec 7, 13 1:46 pm  · 
 · 
gruen
No special name in English.
Dec 8, 13 2:57 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

Stickle away, I still am of the opinion that what he was asking about is a party wall.

"Sometimes due to the demolition of an outbuilding, or waiting for a new building"

"a single wall that supports the floors of the building's on both sides of it"

Seems like the same thing to me.

Dec 9, 13 10:21 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

In zoning parlance, we call this a "blank wall."

Dec 9, 13 10:57 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: