Archinect
anchor

Best way to render a crowd of people?

nothing_is_everything

Hi,
Curious to know if there is an easy way to do this. I am trying to tile an image. The rendering is of stadium seating....occupied by people.
Thanks yo

Apr 25, 09 9:32 am
trace™

TONS of patience. No 'easy' way. Either put them all in photoshop or in 3D.

Apr 25, 09 10:18 am  · 
 · 
snook_dude

I have a public speaking engagement this morning....and well I have to render a crowd of people...yikes....it it like 45 minutes away. I just hope the NYT is not there.

Apr 25, 09 10:24 am  · 
 · 
gonad

can't you just use a bunch of RPC people (either rendered through max or revit, or using archvision photoshop RPC plugin)

Apr 25, 09 1:25 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

I survived the speach....but the guy who followed me did render the crowd speachless. I was just the warm up gig.

Apr 25, 09 1:29 pm  · 
 · 
nothing_is_everything

What are RPC people? and...I'm using Rhino and Maxwell.....but could try max

Apr 25, 09 6:53 pm  · 
 · 
nothing_is_everything

It looks like RCP lets you place one person at a time.
The crowd beyond...still appears to be a noisy tiled image.

Apr 25, 09 6:55 pm  · 
 · 
nothing_is_everything

and....i'm not working at a large corporate firm right now....so I can't just use that license.

Apr 25, 09 6:57 pm  · 
 · 
induct

I can only think of ways using Maya but I believe there is a script for crowds. Or you can use particles and then use a people shape for the shape of the particles.

though since it is a stadium I would just get a model of one person and Duplicate special with appropriate transform. but then you would have to edit the people so they didn't all look the same. Basically it wouldn't be fun.

Apr 26, 09 7:59 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: