Archinect
anchor

Avery Art Index

modz

i came across this 'Avery Art Index' facility which allows students of architecture to browse through all the architecture related 'journals/periodicals' based on the topic of interest of the searcher, in my case, relationship between film and architecture., and it makes searching for concerned articles quite easy... which can be of great help for my research. unfortunately my college does not have this facility.

anyone who has an access to the Avery Art Index and is willing to help me by searching Keywords and related articles would be great:

keywords:
architecture, film
architecture, cinema
architecture, montage
architecture, sequence
architecture, narrative
architecture, event

if i can get a list of the articles found for every searched keyword, from which i can choose the articles according to priority.

Or else, any other suggestions?

Apr 17, 09 2:20 am
blah

Some public libraries have it. For instance, Chicago's Harold Washington Library has it. You have to be there. It doesn't work through their website.

Apr 17, 09 2:31 am  · 
 · 
holz.box

it's really sh*tty former students can't access it.

Apr 17, 09 2:32 am  · 
 · 
modz

well i have this friend who is not from architecture, he is in Georgia Tech, so i just asked him if he could access it, and he could access it, he even sent me one article which was available online...out of the prospective 13 that he sent me.

the problem i faced is that in his college since he is not an archi student, he cant access the original hardcopies (freaking college policy), he could only access the soft copy which he sent me. so i thought some other college might have other ways of retrieval...

so i am keeping my fingers crossed! :)

Apr 17, 09 3:04 am  · 
 · 
modz

the unis that keep the Avery Art Index, allow it to be accessed through their online catalog of books, of course only for their students.

so it does happen through the website, the uni's website.

Apr 17, 09 3:06 am  · 
 · 
modz

hey, well can you make a search with the following keywords that i mentioned in my first post?
since i am not aware of how many articles are there relating to my interest, it would be great if u could send me a list of the articles that u find using those keywords.

when u send me the list, ill just go through it and realize which ones do i need.

its okay if its just the softcopies, atleast i get something rather than nothing.

i hope ur confusion is over?

Apr 17, 09 5:19 am  · 
 · 
modz

seriously?.... no one out there? fays.panda? anyone?

Apr 18, 09 12:17 am  · 
 · 
fays.panda

email me so i can forward you the pdfs

Apr 18, 09 3:05 am  · 
 · 
blah

Did any more public libraries have it? The main branch of NYC's library has it. I would guess Boston's main branch has it as well. SF's branch did not when I lived there but that was 7 years ago.

Apr 18, 09 3:16 pm  · 
 · 
bravo_on_trace

modz, did you get help on this? i have access if you still need something.

Apr 26, 09 12:13 pm  · 
 · 
modz

hi bravo, yea i am still in need. should we correspond through email?

Apr 26, 09 3:05 pm  · 
 · 
bravo_on_trace

yep. i just sent you a message.

Apr 26, 09 3:08 pm  · 
 · 
modz

message?? where did u send it? i didnt get any... although i did email you just 2 minutes back.

Apr 26, 09 3:15 pm  · 
 · 
modz

okay got it, my bad :P ill email to this address, again...

Apr 26, 09 3:16 pm  · 
 · 
devver

hi modz. i came across this forum by accident, searching for information about the connection between architecture and film/cinematography. i am an architecture student and i unfortunately, where i live i can't get hold of information very easy. so, i am asking you if you could share some information with me, that would be great and i would appreciate this very much.

(i didn't know where to write to you so i hope this is ok). sorry for the trouble.

Nov 28, 12 3:14 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: