Archinect
anchor

Any ideas - BArch - Oregon / Miami / Next year transfer UT-Austin

mattrob

Well, there's less than a month left to tell the schools whether I'm going or not.. just curious at to other people's opinions? I'm a Texas resident, btw.

What's on the table:

BArch:

University of Oregon
University of Miami

or.. go to UT-Austin (where I made the Plan II Honors College) and then try to get into SOA as a transfer.

I know that Oregon is much more well known for its sustainability aspects of design, and Miami is very New Urbanist, and that UT is relatively balanced. But the only reason I'm considering UT is because it's about a third the cost of the other schools, being in-state (Miami being private).

But would going to one school over the other affect how I come out after getting a BArch? And do I even have a chance at trying to transfer into UTSOA? I'm pretty set on UO though.

Apr 14, 09 8:08 pm
holz.box

living in the nw, i've a lot more respect for UO grads than i ever had for miami. i actually only know a handful of miami alum and their work scares me.

Apr 14, 09 9:14 pm  · 
 · 
mattrob

holz, how do miami alums scare you so?

Apr 14, 09 11:05 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

the plater zyberk love got scary.

no, it was just the quality of work i was seeing. but it wasn't a good sampling. it was like two people, as opposed to the 1,462 UO alum i've run across

Apr 14, 09 11:25 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: