Archinect
anchor

Citifield v. new Yankee Stadium

jsoc

Haven't been inside either one yet, but reliable sources tell me that Citifield wins hands down. Anyone visited both?

Apr 7, 09 12:42 am
darrylzuk

I went to Citi Field the day before it opened and took some pictures. From what I could see it looked awesome! But I will always miss Shea.

Apr 7, 09 9:06 pm  · 
 · 
LucasGray

I have only seen the renderings and images online. Citi looks great. I was never in love with Shea although it had its charm - king of like the whole Mets organization - in its clumsiness.

Can't really compare it to Yankee Stadium. I do wish teams would stop putting stupid corporate names on their stadiums though.

Apr 10, 09 6:20 am  · 
 · 
PodZilla

My dad got season tix for the Mets... Upper deck left field. I'm going to my first game Sunday. I'm really interested to see how it compares to Shea; the upper decks were so far back that it was often hard to see what was going on.

Check this
:
http://i.gizmodo.com/5213701/gallery-tour-there-sure-are-a-lot-of-tvs-at-citi-field

Apr 16, 09 1:28 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

here's a great piece about both stadiums by the NYTimes' Nicolai Ouroussoff.

Apr 16, 09 7:16 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

How you like that 14 spot yankee fan?

Apr 18, 09 10:52 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

citi by far

Apr 18, 09 10:54 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

Whats up with the home runs at Yankee Stadium?

Apr 19, 09 1:56 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

The Indians have hit two and the winds blowing in at 14 mph!

Apr 19, 09 2:37 pm  · 
 · 
PodZilla

Just got back from Citi... Mets lost but it's still a great place to see a game. It's going to be far from a home run park... I think it's 408 to dead center, and the power alleys are probably 385...

Apr 19, 09 6:20 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

i think it's safe to say that the right field fence at the new yankee stadium is more of a joke than the old yankee stadium...

shouldn't they have to build a legit distance when making a brand new stadium in a new lot?...it's not like the site required a short right field...like fenway where they had to build the wall..or even the old yankee stadium etc.

Apr 19, 09 6:44 pm  · 
 · 
todd

nope, they have free reign when it comes to stadium design distances. Just look at Enron/Minute Maid Park in Houston. Did they really need a hill in centerfield?

Citi Field destroys New Skankee Stadium. Just my .02

Apr 22, 09 11:12 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

enron is such a joke. the hill in center and a flag pole in play. i think crosley field had something like that back in the day. plus its like 500 feet to center. and somehting like 300 down the lines. jeesh. compare to the "hitters" park that everyone thinks wrigley is, 355 down the lines. plus enron has that dumbass train. its like dizzyland.

Apr 22, 09 11:25 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: