Archinect
anchor

DIALux

weglinsa

I have been working with DIALux lighting software and it works great for daylighting! The problem is I have no idea how to create a floor plan. I see all these galleries from users with multiple rooms in a single scene. How do I do that? I have a room that borders a hallway with exterior windows. The room has interior windows to capture more daylight from hall sunlight. I can't however model this? DIALux only lets me do one room at a time. I can't edit geometry or insert points to get another room in there. Help!

Apr 2, 09 8:45 am
difficultfix

In the project browser (tree) on the left - right click on the project header(name) and insert new room. You can then add a new room and run daylight calcs. In the modeling space you will only see one room. But on outputs you should see both.

DIALux is a very cool software - I have never met anyone who actually uses it.

Apr 2, 09 1:07 pm  · 
 · 
weglinsa

Isn't that the same as adding a new room to the project? I know how to create new rooms. I am looking to add a (hallway)room right next to the first room in the same window because the daylighting is effected by the hallway room. The hall space has windows in it which add/push daylight into the room I want daylilght calcs. for. Like I said...I am seeing galleries where people have multiple rooms in one window. Thanks for your response, let me know if you have an answer.

Apr 2, 09 3:32 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: