Archinect
anchor

Interior pics of different Arch schools!

.zXy

I think it would be cool to see what other architecture schools look like.

-Classrooms
-Computer Labs
-Lobby
-Studios!
-Student Lounge
-ANYTHING!

Even the exterior.

Any pics?

Mar 31, 09 9:40 pm
.zXy

I guess I should start.. here's a couple

Upstairs Studios - Undergrad 2nd, 4th, 5th

Galley / Hallway

Mar 31, 09 10:19 pm  · 
 · 
Obstsalat

Where is this?

Mar 31, 09 10:28 pm  · 
 · 
.zXy

NewSchool of Architecture.. pretty old pics from last year though.. i can post newer ones, because they redesigning the interiors

Mar 31, 09 10:35 pm  · 
 · 
Obstsalat

Ah, so then it will be an even "newer" New School ;P

Mar 31, 09 10:39 pm  · 
 · 
Synergy

each student has their own cubicle? is that common in these places? It seems so corporate.

Mar 31, 09 10:40 pm  · 
 · 
.zXy

lmao... i guess so...

lol..actually with the cubicle thing.. U can fit four people in there but there are only 2 ppl that share it. But the cubicles are only on the upstairs studios.. the rest of the 5 studios are open with no cubicles, however, we are owned by a corporation

Mar 31, 09 10:44 pm  · 
 · 
.zXy

oh, and i actually prefer the cubicles because those are the studios with the awesome views of downtown.. and i heard that with a lot of other schools, people have to share desk!?? wow.. i couldn't do that. lol

Mar 31, 09 10:45 pm  · 
 · 
l3wis

that cubicle thing would suck!

I don't have any pictures on this work computer, but I go to UC's DAAP for undergrad. Our studios are certainly nothing to get excited about but they're open and have alot of natural daylight. If there were cubicle dividers up anywhere how would you socialize? It'd drive me crazy to pull an all-nighter and not be able to talk to anyone.

Apr 1, 09 9:55 am  · 
 · 
rethinkit

As a Grad student at New School, we were in the "anex" a converted car repair garage across the sreet - no cubes it was tabel to table in pods of 4.

Apr 1, 09 4:54 pm  · 
 · 
mantaray

omg, cubicles?! I feel sorry for your professors. Ack. That is simply awful. Where's the open studio collaboration? How do you gather everyone around some work? Yikes.

Apr 1, 09 7:44 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: