Archinect
anchor

Best travel websites

bravo_on_trace

I'm doing some research for the development of a website for local architectural tourist destinations. Has anyone had a good experience with using a website for a particular destination? Any really useful/creative features that make the website special?

Mar 24, 09 4:50 pm
archiwhat

I like galinsky.com because you can search by architect

Mar 24, 09 4:55 pm  · 
 · 
bravo_on_trace

yeah, i like that one too! my favorite architecture one by far though is mimoa.eu

i should note - the target audience for the one I am developing is non-architects (or, general public).

Thanks for the input!

Mar 24, 09 5:00 pm  · 
 · 
myrrh

mimoa.eu is by far the best in my opinion.

Two other websites I can think of are Cyark (archive.cyark.org) and Theban Mapping Project (www.thebanmappingproject.com). They are more cultural heritage/ archaeologically based but have a lot of nice features that you might be interested in.

Mar 24, 09 6:03 pm  · 
 · 
LucasGray

Its not a full Travel website but i have two architecture tours of Japan post up on my architecture blog. They are pretty comprehensive and might be of some use. They were originally written by Tom Heneghan who is a professor of architecture at Tokyo University I believe. I updated them this past summer.

Kansai Japan Architecture Tour

Tokyo Japan Architecture Tour

Lucas Gray
www.talkitect.com

Apr 4, 09 5:27 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: