Archinect
anchor

How the new techology will affect architecture?

Reason

I was looking for the most advanced technology to create illusion of the historical palace on the site that is not allowed to build. Then I found 3d Digital holography, it is mind blowing!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HicaK7NTHQI
I think with advance of technology, soon it will be hard to tell the real from illusion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRViE4N-u5Y
I wonder how this technology will affect architecture. It's so exciting how technology changes the daily life. Sometime I feel architecture is so draw behind, it is such an old industry, not bring any new exciting change to people's daily life recent century. All we did is use the new software creating some wired shape buildings. No wonder so many architects are out of work and so irrelevant.
How can we keep up with new technology and use it to create new building that meet today’s needs? How can we be part of the technology revolution, not just tightly grab the old days and perfecting the details that most people don’t really care except architect? It bring a serious question to every architect, if we don’t want to be left behind.

Mar 24, 09 3:04 am
Per--Corell

First look how old news this realy is, this has nthing to do with holograhic projection and it is an old trick ;

http://www.visual-media.eu/publications.html

Also architecture seem stuck in old tricks, it is not the computer renderings that is taken apart and generated building compoments from, even such things would be both possible ( 3dh ) and hyper efficient, -- na give it a new layer of varnish and present 100 year old innovations as pseudo holograms, -- no one will ever ask the relevant questions anyway.

Mar 24, 09 7:46 am  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

Think about it ; a few mirrors or even some wet cloth, a poverfull projector -- and on this site no one will ask if it it realy are your idea. Beside you do not rob anything, even this site would care the less about such silli things, who are the most glorious thief gets the credits, and in the process you are promised a bite yourself, --- only every time there come an obvious 3dh copy, remember it is an american friend not a stupid dane who gets the credit.
Of all those 3dh copies, not one single honest line. American architecture realy must be thirsty.

Mar 24, 09 8:28 am  · 
 · 
manamana

Per, i want to buy you a snuggie.

Mar 24, 09 1:16 pm  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

Thanks. -- it was just so obvious; how many neoxxxisms has been reinented in your socalled architecture, how come pseudo "3D" films are now recorded with the need of the same silli glasses as in 1880, as in the 1920s, as in the 1960s and again now as a "new" spetacular issue, even it has been re and re invented over and over again, I tell you silli Romans why, it is beacurse if you have no Dane to invent your gadgeds you are bound to reinvent othervise rob --- from architectura styles we seen several times before over pseudo 3d issues, and as here a con holographics, --- you get what you pay stealers.

Mar 24, 09 6:40 pm  · 
 · 
knock

I love per, god, we've had this before, I feel like it could be totally Nigerian widow scam for archinect...

but seriously. look at the origins of the phrase architecture:

The word "architecture" comes from the Latin architectura and that from Greek αρχιτέκτων (architectu), "master butler", from the combination of αρχι- (archi-), "chief" or "leader" and τέκτων (tekton), a "builder" or "carpenter".[8][9] While the primary application of the word "architecture" pertains to the built environment, by extension, the term has come to denote the art and discipline of creating an actual (or inferring an implied or apparent) plan of any complex object or system. The term can be used to connote the implied architecture of mathematics or of abstract things such as music, the apparent architecture of natural things, such as geological formations or the structure of biological cells, or explicitly planned architectures of which preserves the relationships among the elements or components.

Apr 1, 09 3:02 am  · 
 · 
marmkid

no way, 3D glasses are way more advanced than they used to be

they used to be silly red on one eye and blue on the other

now they are a sleek silver

you dont get much more advanced than that

Apr 1, 09 5:05 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: