Archinect
anchor

SHAPE OF CLASSROOM OR LECTURE ROOM

joy mondal

uhh...thru out d ages rooms for classes n lectures hav been bulit rectangular withstanding d fact that audio n visual quality at far diagonal ends are poor in such shapes....what exactly shoul the schools n colleges adopt as d shape of a basic room for such purposes...because in asia with strength of 60-100 per batch...it is pretty difficult inside rectangular rooms!!

Mar 20, 09 7:07 am
randomized

And how does the shape of the classroom affect the ability to write proper English?

Mar 20, 09 7:12 am  · 
 · 
joy mondal

thats not the point....
its impossible for teachers or professors to scream for hours so that they are auidible fom each corner

Mar 20, 09 7:46 am  · 
 · 
JWassell

i haven't been in a lecture room that didn't have a focal point for the speaker to project from.. I haven't visited any lecture halls on a college outside the US, so I'm not sure how common that is. We also use microphones and speakers in strategic locations to help further. not that i answered whatever question you may have been asking.. any form that radiates from a point works fine, any shape works fine with technological support. some better ones could be adapted from a triangle with the speaker at one corner. think of it as blowing a horn, the speaker would be your mouth, and the audience would be within the funnel

Mar 20, 09 9:17 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: