Archinect
anchor

FTP Software

ArchAngel

i am looking for a decent FTP software someone might recommend, I need this for upoading images/files to my domain server (currently one file at a time - slow as molasses)
Thanks In Advance!

Oct 11, 04 2:32 pm

Fetch or Transmit for Mac. Cute FTP, Leech FTP, Smart FTP for Windows. Check www.download.com for software downloads.

Oct 11, 04 2:39 pm  · 
 · 
ArchAngel

Thank You Sir!

Oct 11, 04 2:52 pm  · 
 · 
silverlake

I've found the easiest is just using your internet explorer as ftp software... assuming you use windows. just type in ftp.yourdomain.com. then go to file_login as and type in your name/ password you have with your domain provider.

Oct 11, 04 4:03 pm  · 
 · 
Brim

For Windows use this one - it's open source and free.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/filezilla/

It's the full sha-bang...SSL explicit, implicit, PASV off or on, site manager, etc. No clue what to use for Mac.

Oct 11, 04 5:28 pm  · 
 · 
Brim

The only other FTP client I would recommend for Windows is FlashFXP - but it's not free like Filezilla.

Oct 11, 04 5:29 pm  · 
 · 
innes

this is a secure ftp client, also open source freeware:

http://winscp.sourceforge.net/eng/

Oct 11, 04 5:39 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

I use WSFTP, but if you can find a free one, use it.

Oct 11, 04 8:29 pm  · 
 · 
threshold

WSFTP-LE is free. Some aspects of the full version are not available but it is still all you need.

Oct 11, 04 9:45 pm  · 
 · 
Jeremy_Grant

last i looked ws_ftp le was no longer offered on the official site
the home edition that replaced it sucks....

...plus you have to pay!

looks like its time to dig up an old copy of LE from my archives

Oct 12, 04 2:46 am  · 
 · 
jitter12

Second the Filezilla vote. That program is great, and one of the few open source programs I have used that has a decent interface.

Oct 12, 04 10:26 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: