Archinect
anchor

Be anything but an architect

chatter of clouds
gruen
What the hell did he know about being an architect? We are gods among men.
Nov 17, 13 6:54 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

He also wrote, "never take alcohol into the bedroom."  Clearly, he's not to be trusted.

Nov 17, 13 7:20 pm  · 
 · 

I believe Vonnegut's grandfather was an architect.  So he did know quite a bit about it, I guess.

Nov 17, 13 9:25 pm  · 
 · 

He designed this building, the Athenaeum in Indy, which is still in use. It houses a German restaurant and a bunch of other German-American historic stuff, I think.

Nov 17, 13 9:27 pm  · 
 · 

Kurt lived near me and I spoke with him a number of times. A considerate and thoughtful man, he told it like it was. He encouraged me to write, and the result was published.

Nov 17, 13 10:07 pm  · 
 · 
Paradox

"He also wrote, "never take alcohol into the bedroom."  Clearly, he's not to be trusted."

He also wrote, "Don’t stick anything in your ears."
Whaaa no headphones!? Clearly he's not to be listened to except for the last sentence...

Nov 18, 13 10:59 am  · 
 · 

@Miles what did you write? Did he read/edit for you even informally?

Nov 18, 13 11:27 pm  · 
 · 

No, we just talked about it a little. Kurt was encouraging - "you should write", he said. Easy for him to say, LOL.

The project started being about my father but that became too personal. The published work is The Hamptons Dictionary, which is dedicated to him and revolves largely around his (our) work experience.

Nov 19, 13 8:56 am  · 
 · 
sofia33

As for me, it is a beautiful building

Nov 20, 13 2:56 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: